Saturday, March 22, 2014

Beautiful Saturday

The day started early - at 0430 there were cats under our open bedroom window caterwauling! And did it bother the dog? Nope....we hoped he would bark and scare them off. Not a single sound from him. But boy, a person walking on the sidewalk across the street minding their own business? WWIII!!!
 
Then we walked over to the HS because 2 of the grands were in a track meet there for CYO (I keep calling it CYA - LOL). A little cool and overcast to start with - but then it got prettier!
 
 Too young for track - he isn't interested anyway - altho I think I have him convinced to try the high jump when he is old enough.....he was doing his flips and his jumps.....of yeah, and push ups!
 I was going to post photos of the boys running but it was hard to separate them out from other children....I swear this boy ate from the time we got there until....well, until we all left the restaurant after lunch! and look how skinny he stays!
 Photos are ok IF he asks you to take them!
 But he couldn't run away fast enough so I got this one anyway!
Playing with PaPa - or, as he called him, his FartChair. Yes, this boy likes to drop SBDs....and boy do they stink!

But when he wasn't playing with PaPa - or doing his flips and all - he actually sat on the chair and knit with me! He held the needles, and I held his hands, and he knit with me!

After all this we went to a thrift shop and hubby got a couple of cute things to plant in (will post photos tomorrow after they are planted) and I got a watering can and 2 Christmas stocking kits. Oh and a beautiful little white iron plant stand!

And then to OSH to use our $5 off coupon - got the plants for the 2 items plus 2 cucumber plants. Also went to Alden Lane Nursery and got some things for Easter baskets, as well as one more tomato plant, some more strawberry plants, and some corn. Husband said he has totally given up on corn.....but now he thinks he has an idea of another place to plant it. And if it is where I think it will  be - I think he has forgotten about the crows! Now we just have to come up with ideas of how to water all these plants!

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...