Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ghosting

OK, I have a (non) secret to admit.....I love watching and reading things about ghosts. I love Ghost Hunters (http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters) but do not like Ghost Adventures. And that is because the ones on GH are respectful - on GA they are rube, obnoxious, and confrontational. And I think all people - alive or not - should be treated with respect.

Yes, I even watch that show about celebrities and their ghost experiences.

I like reading good ghost stories, both fictional (I love Heather Graham) and autobiographical like thru this site:
http://www.iseedeadfolks.blogspot.com/

And that is because I believe in, or want to believe in, ghosts. Now mediums....well there I am still a skeptic. Maybe because I have never had a personal experience with a medium  but I think I have seen ghosts in my life - but never where I want to!

When I was a little girl and living at Ft. Sheridan IL I know the house we were in was haunted. I still know it to this day. The basement was frightening - dark and evil feeling. Even my mom did not like going down there alone. And I know there was some sort of entity in my room - I was afraid of it, I think because of the basement, altho it never did any harm or anything mean - it just watched. And the interesting thing about all this - my parents never tried to talk me out of, or shame me out of, these beliefs.

I think the dark and scary basement tho is what made me afraid of the dark for so many years. Even into HS if I did not remember to leave a light on in my bedroom (totally different house - different state!) before the sun went down, one of my parents would have to go in and turn on the light before I would go in there. I am much much better know about the dark tho...

We stayed at a very strange (supposed) B&B in Anacortes WA that I know was haunted also.

Oh yes, I think our current house had poltergeist like activity when the kids were all living at home. There was one room that lights would go off and on at times when no one else was home....and the sounds of footsteps. That doesn't happen any more altho in the past few years I have felt touchs when no one else is around (usually on my head or shoulder - a patting kind of touch) and I see/feel shadowy figures. And the most comforting thing was being  able to hear my dogs after they passed on....I feel they came back to check on us to see how WE were doing and to let us know they were okay.

And yet when we lived back East one of our very favorite places that we visited yearly was Gettysburg PA.....and yes this is brought to mind because of the first episode this season of GH which was at Gettysburg (by the way, the Farnsworth House serves very good food, as does the Dobbins House....).

Since we moved back West we have visited Gettysburg twice, both times staying at a most wonderful B&B (http://www.doubledayinn.com/) which is right on one of the battlefields. So we have been on the battlefield in the dark....at dusk.....early early morning.....and I have never heard, seen, or felt anything.

Anything besides the extreme mystical-ness of this place. If any place is haunted this place should be. It is very spiritual place. And of course in the daytime there is SO MUCH traffic that I cannot believe any spirits would avail themselves of being around - it would almost be sacrilegious or maybe reliving the noise of the battle....

But you would think those other times there would be a chance. And yes, I am disappointed.

I have seen some photos that I cannot explain or totally believe are hoaxes....and I have heard recordings that I believe should be the real thing. But I have never experienced it myself. And I would  be honored to experience something like that.

I have had uneasy feelings in other places that are supposedly haunted - http://winchestermysteryhouse.com is one of those places that I felt extreme sadness and loneliness but again did not hear or see anything...

So - has anyone else had any experiences?




No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...